Do you suffer with high blood pressure?
Here is some information and tips for high blood pressure that may help you!
1. Exercise and weight training regularly, such as 150 minutes a week, or about 30 minutes most days of the week, can lower your blood pressure by about 5 to 8mm Hg if you have high blood pressure.
It’s important to be consistent because if you stop exercising, your blood pressure can rise again. If you have elevated blood pressure, exercise can help you avoid developing hypertension. If you already have hypertension, regular physical activity can bring your blood pressure down to safer levels.
2. Increase your potassium intake. This is important as potassium lessens the effects of sodium, potassium also helps to ease tension in your blood vessel walls, which helps further lower blood pressure.
Foods that are rich in potassium include sweet potatoes, tomatoes, orange juice, potatoes, bananas, kidney beans, peas, cantaloupe, honeydew melon and dried fruits such as prunes and raisins.
3. Reduce sodium intake and avoid eating salty foods as this has a bad effect on your kidneys due to them being unable to remove water.
4. Limit your alcohol intake. Alcohol shows to be a big enhancer for blood pressure. Several studies reported increased sympathetic nervous system activation and discharge of sympathetic amines after alcohol consumption.
5. Avoid being stressed. Anxiety and stress have huge effects on blood pressure. To avoid being stress try to manage your day to day schedules and practice breathing exercises in moments of stress or anxiety. Meditation is also a great way to reduce our cortisol levels and lower stress.
Visit my Instagram page for even more tips and advice!